What is Ultrasound Therapy ?
A non-invasive procedure that has been used by physiotherapists to treat a wide variety of ailments where the medicine is administered through the skin without injecting. When standard methods are unsuitable for patients still Ultrasound method can be safely applied without the fear of needles. It is a renowned therapy that has been used for decades to treat pain condition and to promote faster tissue healing.
How does it work?
In Ultrasound Therapy, a Small handheld probe is placed in direct contact with your skin after applying a transmission coupling gel. The probe vibrates and sends ultrasound waves that enter through the skin into your injured tissues causing a variety of benefits. Generally, ultrasound therapy sessions will not last longer than 5 minutes, so it is not a time-consuming process.
Benefits of Ultrasound Therapy
- Reduces chronic pain and Increases Healing rates
- Increases blood flow to the place where it has been administered
- Provides relaxation to a tense or strained muscle
- Breaks down the scar tissue
- Offers deeper tissue heating and relaxation