What is Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation?
Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) is a useful drug-free option that helps in the management of chronic and acute pain. Transcutaneous means “across the skin,” and in TENS, the pads are placed on the skin and let the electrical pulses resonate through the pads. An effective pain management program which uses no needles, no medicines, and no injections.
How does it work?
Your therapist sends the small and safe electrical simulation through the Tens machine into your body via electrodes placed on the skin in the pain area. This stimulation blocks the pain signal from reaching the brain as well as stimulates the natural pain relieving hormone to control the pain effectively.
Benefits of Interferential Therapy:
- Helps in a natural way of relieving pain
- A painkiller with no side effects
- Retain your nerves to work properly
- Easy and safe to use
- Reduces inflammation to a great extent
- Affordable pain relieving option
- Quick rehabilitation with no fear